Executing successful member drives is key to maximizing revenue in your membership program. Whether your drives have become less effective over time or you are new to public radio and want to execute the best on-air fundraising possible, this course is for you.
Who Should Attend
New and existing membership staff and leaders, content leaders, development leaders.
What You’ll Learn
In this 10-hour course, you’ll learn how to plan and execute the best drives possible.
In this hands-on course, you will develop actionable plans using the information presented and the tools provided.
Topics in the course include:
- Reviewing the basics of radio and fundraising – who listens, why some give and others don’t, and key research.
- Creating a drive work plan with tasks, clear action steps, decision milestones, and more.
- Creating the framework for a 52-week on-air/online messaging plan in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Determining message topics and writing actual scripts (examples and samples) to drive your fundraising priorities throughout the year.
This course will provide you with “how to” information and best practices including:
- What data to analyze to get the best results.
- Determining goals for the drives.
- Choosing thank you gifts
- Recruiting Sustainers
- Creating and implementing NEW member strategies for drives
- Break Planning – knowing what is going to happen before the drive begins.
What You’ll Receive
- Member drive roadmap – who does what when
- Planning tools and templates including daily plan
- Member drive projections and data worksheet
- Member drive goal tracker
- “Elements of a Great Pitch Break” document
- Messaging plan template for year round use
- Sustainer scripts
- Communication plans/messaging for internal staff
Contact Valerie Arganbright for information or to register.
Appleby Arganbright LLC
Saint Paul, MN